Kickstart Change--Advantages of Role-Playing
Facilitates expression of attitudes and feelings.
Provides opportunities to explore and work on areas of uncertainty.
Develops sympathy and understanding for ourselves and others.
Provides a chance to practice real life situations in a safe setting--experiential learning.
Helps individuals to adapt to the moods and expression of a given situation.
Develops skills in interviewing and social interaction.
Develops sensitivity to the feelings of others.
- Develops awareness of self and others.
- Develops the ability to observe and analyze situations.
- Helps individuals practice specific behaviors in a real life sitation with fear of making a mistake.
- Helps minimize shyness and inhibitions.
- Helps individuals make adjustments.
- Facilitates creativity and imagination.
- Encourages individuals to be themselves, including using familiar language, to aid in more productive and less stressful conversations.
- Helps make the learning and problem-solving process more fun.